SICK BOY'S "MAKE-A-WISH" REQUEST: THAT TOP BRASS AT MAKE-A-WISH FOUNDATION BE GIVEN THE AX

WASHINGTON - The Make-A-Wish Foundation has a wish of its own: that it had never met 14-year old Adam Kidd. Last month the Foundation alerted Kidd, suffering a life-threatening disease, that he was eligible to have one wish granted. Unlike the wishes that the Foundation normally grants -- a visit to a favorite theme park or to meet a revered athlete -- Adam wished for the entire upper management of the 'Make-A-Wish Foundation' to be tossed out on their cans. "In the words of the 'Make-A-Wish' brochure," Adam explained, "that is my one 'heartfelt desire, my spontaneous, joyful impulse.'"

"See, I need to leave my mark on something, and this just seemed to be the way to go," Adam said. "Hell, if I had wished to go to Disney World, would the press be talking to me now?"

With no alternative, Bradleys Roadhouse, President of the Make-A-Wish Foundation, tendered his resignation to Adam last week. "I told Adam I just needed a few weeks to tie up some loose ends," Roadhouse told a reporter today. "Well, you can imagine my delight when the hospital called me this morning to tell me that Adam may not make it through the weekend," Roadhouse said. "I'm starting to breathe a little easier."