TOMLIN BUYS LUXURY HOME IN NORTH CAROLINA

WIFE TO SKIP MOVING TO PITTSBURGH ALTOGETHER; COWHER PREPARES MUFFIN BASKETS FOR NEW NEIGHBOR

PITTSBURGH - The Rooney family and Steeler fans nationwide were surprised today when new head coach Mike Tomlin announced he has purchased a new luxury home in North Carolina. The Steelers had expected Tomlin to fly to Birmingham, Alabama for the Senior Bowl immediately following his introductory news conference on Monday. However, that plan was scrapped when Tomlin changed planes in Charlotte on his way to Alabama.


"I'd never been to North Carolina, but based on what I saw at the Charlotte airport, I thought my wife and I would really enjoy living here. Fortunately, Bill Cowher happened to call my cell phone while I was there to congratulate me about the job. He offered to pick me up and show me what was available around his place."

Tomlin, whose contract is reportedly worth $2.5 million per year, denied that he is considering retirement. "We're not making any decisions about retirement until after the season," he said.


Tomlin's wife will take up residence in North Carolina, and bypass Pittsburgh entirely. "The flight schedule out of Pittsburgh looks pretty good, but I figure I can also take the Turnpike and fly out of Cleveland if I have to." With his wife out of town and a new home in the south, Tomlin will not bother looking for a house in Pittsburgh. "I'm setting up a cot in my office, and I can use the locker room to shower. As soon as I find a hotplate, I'll be good to go."