U.S. APPEALS COURT STRIKES DOWN FCC OBSCENITY RULE; JACK BOGUT CELEBRATES BY PEPPERING MONOLOGUE WITH STREAM OF “DARNS” AND “HECKS”


PITTSBURGH - Beloved local radio personality Jack Bogut celebrated the United States Court of Appeals decision to strike portions of the FCC obscenity law by unleashing a torrent of foul language on the air this morning. “I’m so gosh-darned happy about this gosh-darned ruling that I wish I could kiss every dang one of those circuit court judges!” he exclaimed. “To heck with the FCC. You heard me right, folks. To heck, I say!”

Bogut, whose show airs in morning drive on WJAS, received a severe reprimand from station management for his language. “The phone lines went crazy,” said Bogut. “I guess the listeners just weren’t prepared for a visit to ol’ Jack’s dark side.” Additionally, a spokesman for Renda Broadcasting, which owns WJAS, said Bogut had his mouth washed out with soap by Bogut in the Morning traffic reporter Carol Finelli in the WJAS men’s room following this morning’s show. “Cheese and crackers, that tasted awful!” said Bogut. “I’ll never use those words again.”

This is not the first time Bogut has run into trouble with his on-air behavior. Last year, Bogut was fined by the FCC for exceeding federally mandated standards of decency in broadcasting. He has appealed the fine, citing numerous examples of his indecent behavior. “Last week, Chris Shovlin sneezed in-studio and I didn’t even say God bless you.”