"Runaway Bride" flees again, but lawmower slows her down

ATLANTA – The last time Jennifer Wilbanks took to the road, she made it more than halfway across America, from Atlanta to Las Vegas, before anyone even knew she was missing.

“I was running from myself,” she cryptically told authorities when she reappeared in Atlanta five days after she had skipped out on her bridegroom-to-be. She insisted that that the wedding was not cancelled, only postponed, and she and her fiance kept all the wedding gifts.

“She especially liked the lawnmower,” said her father, Jason “Will” Wilbanks.


Last Sunday, Wilbanks was on the loose again, but this time she didn’t get very far. “She’d been gone 13 hours, and I assumed she’d made it to Mexico,” said her father. “But then Ted Turner called me and said, ‘Will, I got good news. I spotted Jennifer. She’s walkin’ down by the Coca-Cola building with that lawnmower.'”

Mr. Wilbanks chuckled. “It was just a matter of time before we nabbed her because that damn mower had to run out of gas sometime.”