Embarrassing tale of misdirected email: MAN WITH SPLIT PERSONALITY DISORDER ACCIDENTALLY SENDS HIMSELF EMAIL HIGHLY CRITICAL OF HIS OTHER IDENTITY

PITTSBURGH - Bradleys Roadhouse, who has suffered from a multiple personality disorder for seven years, spends most his time as a responsible attorney in private private practice in Pittsburgh. But the rest of the time he is a conniving moocher who calls himself "Stuart Carbon," a deadbeat who scams people out of money with promises he has no intention of keeping. Roadhouse spends a significant portion of his time undoing "Stuart Carbon's" messes.

Last month, Roadhouse had a hunch that "Stuart Carbon" was going to plead for money from a favorite cousin in Philadelphia so Roadhouse drafted a detailed email to the cousin chronicling "Stuart Carbon's" numerous malefactions. But instead of sending the email to the cousin, Roadhouse accidentally sent it to his home computer where "Stuart Carbon" can access it.

"As soon as I hit the 'send' button I realized what I'd done," said Roadhouse. Flush with white-hot, blood-draining embarrassment, Roadhouse dashed home to delete it, but he was too late because Carbon had already seen it. "Believe me, I've never tap-danced so much in my life. I tried to tell him I didn't send it; then I told him it was a gag," Roadhouse said. "In the end, I had to 'fess up,' and we really had it out -- cleared the air on a lot of bad blood. As it turned out, it was very healthy for our relationship."

"We can laugh about it now," said Stuart Carbon. "But I was pretty burned up when I saw it. And yes, it was good for our relationship. Bradleys ended up loaning me the money I would have gotten from his cousin."