PHYSICAL THERAPIST ORDERS MAYOR TO INCREASE HAND STRENGTH BY SQUEEZING DICK SKRINJAR'S HEAD

FORTY REPETITIONS PER DAY ORDERED; MAYORAL SPOKESMAN TO REMOVE DENTURES TO AVOID INJURING MAYOR'S HANDS

PITTSBURGH - Mayor Bob O'Connor's physical therapy has started, and his physical therapist wants him to increase the strength in his hands and forearms by squeezing mayoral spokesperson Dick Skrinjar's head forty times per day.

"Mr. Skrinjar's head is the ideal texture," said the Mayor's physical therapist, Bradleys Roadhouse. "It's firm, yet supple. It will provide exactly the right resistance."


Mayor O'Connor said he has no objection to the prescribed exercise. "When [the physical therapist] told me I had to squeeze [Skrinjar], I admit I was a little worried," the Mayor said. "I was much relieved when I learned it was only his head I'm supposed to squeeze."