ROB OWEN, POST-GAZETTE TV EDITOR, CITES THIS WEBSITE

PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette TV Editor Rob Owen today said that a story reported by this website, Rick Sebak Assaulted by Television Critic at Premiere of Latest Special, was "hilarious but untrue." TV Q&A With Rob Owen

This website takes very seriously its responsibility for accuracy, and when a journalist with Mr. Owen's reputation casts doubt on the truth of one of our stories, you can bet I am going to check into it.

Some of our readers will recall that I once had to fire our lead reporter when I discovered that he had made up every story we had ever reported. "Carbolic Smoke Ball" fires lead reporter; it turns our every story we've reported was made up! As I said then: "The unfortunate part is that there are thousands of people around the world who have relied on this site as the sole source of their news. As it turns out, they were woefully misinformed. We cannot erase the past, but we pledge that the fake news stories end here and now. You have my word on that."

And you have my word on that again!

The Hon. Rufus Peckham