DEAR ABBY: HUSBAND'S AFFAIR WITH COLLEGE-AGE WOMAN CAN WORK DESPITE AGE DIFFERENCE -- IF GIVEN THE CHANCE

DEAR ABBY: My husband, Bob, just turned 50. We've been happily married for 24 years. Last night I learned that Bob has been having an affair for the past year with a 20 year old college woman. I am at a loss to know how to react, Abby, because I am in shock. Help! -- JUDI IN PITTSBURGH

DEAR JUDI IN PITTSBURGH: React? I'd say you are overreacting because many successful relationships involve couples of different ages. Fifty is the new twenty-five, and your husband is as young as he feels. But a word to the wise: the likelihood of this relationship succeeding is greatly diminished if people won't give it a chance.

_______________

DEAR ABBY: I work in a small office of four people. The oldest lady in the group consistently commandeers the thermostat to keep the air conditioning going at full blast even when it's cold outside. All the other workers are constantly cold. She' s my superior, but I would like to know how to handle this situation. -- FROZEN OUT

DEAR FROZEN OUT: I know who this is, ALLISON CURRY. Just wait until you're my age and you're hot all the time, then let's see how quick you are to criticize, you judgemental jackass. But don't worry, you won't be cold any longer because you're FIRED.