PEDUTO DROPS OUT OF MAYOR'S RACE, DENOUNCES PRESS IN BITTER "LAST PRESS CONFERENCE"

Breaking news: Minutes ago, Pittsburgh City Councilman Bill Peduto said he is dropping out of the race for Mayor of Pittsburgh. Peduto made the stunning announcement in the ballroom of the Beverly Hills Hilton in an angry, resentful speech that he called his "last press conference." As he left the hotel's ballroom after the announcement, Peduto kicked over a trash can and shoved a cameraman out of his way. Here is the transcript of Peduto's statement:

"For 16 years, ever since the [Alger] Hiss case, you've had a lot of fun, a lot of fun. And you've had an opportunity to attack me and I think I've given as good as I've taken. As I leave you, I want you to know -- just think how much you're going to be missing. You don't have Peduto to kick around anymore. Because, gentlemen, this is my last press conference."