ANGRY DEER ATTACKS DOGS, VOW MORE ASSAULTS UNLESS BOW SEASON, DEERSKIN GLOVES HALTED


PITTSBURGH -- A rogue deer that has attacked three dogs in the South Hills has sent a shiver throughout the canine community. Randy, a blind and elderly wheaten terrier-mix was attacked and stomped by a deer yesterday in Mt. Lebanon. Randy described the incident from his hospital bed: "I was peeing on a tree and this deer came out of the woods and asked me if my owner drives a Chevy Impala - with deer fur in the grille, then he started stomping on me."

Bailey, 7-year-old beagle from Bethel Park, told a similar story. "I was sniffing a bush that some of my friends had peed on and a deer came out of the woods and said, 'This is for buck season,' and just started stomping me."

Notes left at both crime scenes complained about hit and run drivers, bow season and deerskin gloves. It said the attacks will continue and that 'dogs will pay dearly for any deer that show up missing.' The notes also demanded fifteen minutes with Sally Wiggin, to explain the terrorist acts. The notes were signed "Venison Vigilantes."

Police described the deer as medium build, brown fur, brown eyes, white tail. Anyone who sees deer matching this description stomping on dogs is encouraged to contact police.