CLINTON DENIES PLAYING THE 'GENDER CARD,' NOTES IN PASSING THAT OTHER DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATES GANG RAPED HER

BOSTON - Sen. Hillary Clinton denied that she is playing the "gender card" or wrapping herself in the mantle of female victimhood in her campaign for President.

She added, in passing, that her democratic opponents for President gang raped her last week "because I have a vagina and they have penises."

Mrs. Clinton made her remarks at her alma mater, Wellesley College, where she was invited to discuss the role gender should play in this campaign. "Gender has no role in this campaign whatsoever," she emphatically told an overflow crowd of young women. "I don't want anyone, especially young women looking for a role model to break through the glass ceiling, to give me special treatment merely because I am a member of an oppressed class on a historic mission for all women," she said.

"And since we're on the subject of the campaign," she added, "I would note in passing that shortly after last week's televised debate in Philadelphia, my six opponents [for the Democratic nomination] took me to a back room and gang raped me." Mrs. Clinton paused for a drink of water. "Now getting back to the gender issue, I don't want anyone to look at this race as a woman pitted against six vicious men who raped her. I want everyone to think of the seven of us as just candidates."

During the question and answer period, a young woman pressed Mrs. Clinton for details about the gang rape. "Well, that's completely off the subject of the role gender should play in this campaign," said Mrs. Clinton, "but since you've asked: The all-boys rape club, as I like to call them, piled on top of me and took turns having their way with me. Frankly, it felt as though the weight of the cumulative patriarchy, from the beginning of time until now, was violating the very soul of every woman who ever lived."

"But I'd prefer not to discuss that minor incident since we're supposed to be talking about the role of gender in this campaign," she said. "The fact that I am a member of a historically subjugated class with a vagina, while the rapists are bigger and stronger and have penises and male privilege, has nothing whatsoever to do with this campaign, and I don't want anyone to focus on it."

"Now, before I get back to the topic of gender, did I happen to mention in passing that those men gang raped me?"