Saint Margaret Appears in Aspinwall, PA.

The beloved and humble Saint asks that her name be disassociated with UPMC.

Saint Margaret, patroness of pregnant women and servant maids, today appeared to the faithful at the site of the UPMC hospital that bears her name. Her message was one of love, devotion to God, and a personal request to take her name off of the building.

“As a faithful servant of the Lord, my heart was overjoyed that my named graced a place of healing like this blessed hospital for so many years,” Saint Margaret said, dressed in a purple robe and being attended to by two angels. “But since it’s become part of the UPMC Health System, I’ve begun having doubts.”

The heavenly apparition then went on to explain why she was uncomfortable with her name attached to the facility, before a rapt crowd of nurses, doctors and janitorial staff.

“I just don’t want to give anyone the idea that I’m endorsing this place. I mean, UPMC turned a profit last year of $459 million. For a non-profit? And then they still charge three dollars for parking? Believe me, I’m hearing it from the other Saints in Heaven. They keep asking me if I’m getting a commission. So after much prayer and reflection, I would just ask that the sign with my name be taken off the building and sold to help pay the high co-payments in the UPMC Health Plan.”

Reached for comment, UPMC Chief Jeffrey Romoff said that although he "respects" Saint Margaret, he has no plans to remove her name since UPMC "has devoted a lot of resources to branding the hospital in the system." He also said he hoped that Saint Margaret will one day enjoy the view from Heaven of the new sign he plans to put on top of the USX tower.