Reagan remembered two years after death. Gorbachev: "He was so intimidating, he made my head break out in a rash"

WASHINGTON - Two years after Ronald Reagan's untimely death, we reprint some of the more moving tributes that poured in that day:

"I was impressed with him from our first meeting -- he was so intimidating he made my head break out in a rash." -- Gorbachev

"Some have misconstrued our relationship as having been marked by animosity. It is difficult to fathom where such notions originated. I have always had the utmost respect for President Reagan, and I am grateful that the attempt to end his life in which I played some role was ultimately unsuccessful." -- John Hinkley

"After he was shot, I told the press that when they wheeled him into the hospital the President said, 'Honey, I forgot to duck.' That this wasn't totally accurate. He really said, 'Honey, I think I am a duck.'" -- Dr. Francis Fitzgerald, treating physician following the assassination attempt on President Reagan in March 1981

"We have no statement other than to note that his family is wise in making private arrangements to fly his remains to his funeral because we will offer no assistance in that regard." -- The Air Traffic Controllers Union, whose members President Reagan fired in 1981 when they went on strike

"I have long looked forward to the day when I would be reunited with my old acting partner in heaven. I will open my arms, hug him and say, 'Job well done, Mr. President!'" -- Bonzo the Chimp