DISNEY OPTIONS SEQUEL TO “INVINCIBLE,” SECOND INSTALLMENT WILL FOCUS ON VINCE PAPALE’S CAREER AS WALK-ON SECRETARY OF STATE

HOLLYWOOD - With the box-office success of “Invincible” Disney Pictures announced this morning they have optioned a sequel to the inspirational movie that drew record crowds this past weekend. The sequel, which does not yet have a title, will deal with another real-life incident in the life of Vince Papale that is not touched upon in the current film. Namely, the story of how part-time bartender, part-time substitute teacher and full-time Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver and special teams whiz Vince Papale responded to an invitation from then President Jimmy Carter to an “open try-out” for a position in his cabinet.”

“It was right after the election, and President Carter was trying to set a new tone in the country, what with the whole Watergate thing and all,” said Papale. “I went down to Washington on my day off and worked out for Hamilton Jordan and Jody Powell. A couple of days later I got a call from the President. He named me Secretary of State.”

Papale said he was initially shunned by the more established members of the Cabinet. “I remember walking into the White House locker room after work one day, and I said to Zbigniew Brezinski, 'They spelled my name wrong.' He said, 'Does it really matter?' Zbig didn’t think I was going to stick.”

Papale went on to serve three years in the Cabinet, playing a key role in brokering the Camp David Accords between Menachem Begin and Anwar Sadat. “And to think I did all of this and returned punts and kickoffs,” said Papale. Filming is scheduled to begin sometime next year.