SON OF A BITCH JON DELANO SNUBS EDITOR OF CARBOLIC SMOKE BALL

COMMENTARY BY THE HON. RUFUS PECKHAM - On Tuesday afternoon at approximately 1:45, that son of a bitch television reporter Jon Delano sat across the aisle from me at the Smithfield Cafe interviewing the restaurant's owner John Petrolias regarding the Commonwealth Court's decision lifting the smoking ban, and the son of a bitch snubbed me.

I would have created a scene were it not for my great affection for Mr. Petrolias.

Flanked by his cameraman and holding the Commonwealth Court's 20-page opinion, the son of a bitch came into the restaurant and even had time to kill because a Channel 4 reporter beat him to Mr. Petrolias and he had to stand around waiting. Did he come over to me? He did not. He was more concerned about getting a "good" shot than coming over to pay his respects to the Dean of Pittsburgh journalism. This was especially unfortunate because, as a former Meyer Darragh attorney myself, I could have furnished him a world-class legal analysis of that judicial decision.

Carbolic Smoke Ball is not petty and does not hold grudges, but Delano shall pay for this slight henceforth on these pages. You have my word on that.